Re: D710 does not transmit Winlink Packet Messages

Lee Besing

Why are you using a sound modem instead of a direct connection from the computer to the built-in TNC in the 710?

Or perhaps it's I've just got the newer model, TM-D710GA with the built-in GPS module?  I have used mine for Winlink, but I don't use a sound modem interface. I used the built-in TNC and using the data port connection.

I've also been using my TM-D700 for Winlink quite successfully during events and it doesn't have the GPS module.

Hopefully others in this group can clarify.

Lee Besing, N5NTG
210-771-7075
San Antonio TX