D710 does not transmit Winlink Packet Messages

Matt Newman

D710 will not transmit Winlink Express Packet messages to an active RMS station 3 miles away.

When I open a message session in Winlink and press "Start", the radio goes completely silent.  No audio heard.  Normal audio is only heard when I exit Winlink.  And, the D710 does not transmit.  (Squelch is at maximum open.)

I have the latest version of Winlink Express and SoundModem installed.  A link test and Telnet test over the Internet are successful.  A single FTDI USB serial cable  is used between my WIN 10 PC and the COM port on the rear of the Control Panel.

Does the D710 require a separate program setup for Winlink Express Packet?  I have two programs saved for APRS, one for home, the other for mobile operations.  They are the same with the exception of GPS.  Both work FB.

Below are current settings. Are they correct for Winlink Express Packet?  Are other settings needed?  PACKET 12 is displayed for Band A.

AUX 918
EXT. DATA BAND - A-BAND

AUX 919
EXT. DATA SPEED - 1200 BPS