Re: TM710G Installation questions

Jim Andrews

Welcome to the world of the D710 😊

A single external speaker in SP1 will cut off the internal speaker and everything comes out the external.

A single external speaker in SP2 sends the right-hand band to external, left-hand stays internal.

A two external speakers in SP1 and SP2 also splits the left and right bands, into separate speakers.

Note that the menu item Audio – 002 (Ext.Speaker) swaps the split audio (Mode 1 is as described above, Mode 2 left/right bands are swapped).

Oddly this is not described in the D710 manual. If you download the TM-V71 manual and look at page 71, there is a good explanation of it all (if you weren’t aware, the V71 and D710 are the same radio body, just different heads).

http://manual.kenwood.com/files/B62-1926-40.pdf

Is there any advantage – YES! I have speakers left and right side of the car, so when receiving I know which band the signal is being received on.

Jim