From: "Dennis Yard via Groups.Io" <hamandrovers@...>
To: tmd700a@groups.io, TMD700A@groups.io
Sent: Sat, 01 Feb 2020 5:38 PM
Subject: Re: [TMD700A] TM710G Installation questions

Good questions.  I always wondered about the two speaker outputs as well.

As for the dashboard mount, I used it successfully on my Land Rover Discovery plastic binnacle.
I held fine on offroad trips and didn't shake off.

Dennis Yard
N1TEN

On Saturday, February 1, 2020, 03:29:21 PM PST, Bruce Goldstein <wa3afs@...> wrote:

Just received my 710G which I am going to replace a Yaesu FT400XDR which I found to have lots of poor human factors in the areas of updating firmware and programming in general.

I have 2 questions about installing the 710G:

1. There are 2 speaker plugs on the rear.  If I am only going to use a single remote speaker do I plug it into the left or right plug?  Is there any advantage to using 2 spearate speakers?  The manual does not describe the function of either.

2. Is the sticky stuff on the front panel fan-shaped mount sufficient to hold to a dashboard?  Should I instead use strong velcro?  I do not intend to screw the mount into the dashboard.

Thanks and 73
-- Bruce, WA3AFS