Re: TM710G Installation questions

Lee Besing

Dennis,  if looking at the rear of the 710, the speaker plug on the right will do both sides. If you plug into the left side, it splits audio and you'll need to run for 2 speakers. I don't remember which side (A or B) gets split off.

I bought a generic dash beanbag mount on Amazon Prime and adhered the fan shaped mount to it. I'll try to attach photos. 

I also bought some black foam board from Hobby Lobby and made a sun shield that I taped up with black matte tape (similar to duct tape).

Lee Besing, N5NTG
210-771-7075
San Antonio TX

-----Original Message-----
To: tmd700a@groups.io, TMD700A@groups.io
Sent: Sat, 01 Feb 2020 5:38 PM
Subject: Re: [TMD700A] TM710G Installation questions

Good questions.  I always wondered about the two speaker outputs as well.

As for the dashboard mount, I used it successfully on my Land Rover Discovery plastic binnacle. 
I held fine on offroad trips and didn't shake off. 

Dennis Yard
N1TEN

On Saturday, February 1, 2020, 03:29:21 PM PST, Bruce Goldstein <wa3afs@...> wrote:

Just received my 710G which I am going to replace a Yaesu FT400XDR which I found to have lots of poor human factors in the areas of updating firmware and programming in general.

I have 2 questions about installing the 710G:

1. There are 2 speaker plugs on the rear.  If I am only going to use a single remote speaker do I plug it into the left or right plug?  Is there any advantage to using 2 spearate speakers?  The manual does not describe the function of either.

2. Is the sticky stuff on the front panel fan-shaped mount sufficient to hold to a dashboard?  Should I instead use strong velcro?  I do not intend to screw the mount into the dashboard.

Thanks and 73
-- Bruce, WA3AFS

Join TMD700A@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.