From: TMD700A@groups.io <TMD700A@groups.io> on behalf of Bruce Goldstein <wa3afs@...>
Sent: Saturday, February 1, 2020 2:50 PM
To: TMD700A@groups.io <TMD700A@groups.io>
Subject: [TMD700A] TM710G Installation questions

Just received my 710G which I am going to replace a Yaesu FT400XDR which I found to have lots of poor human factors in the areas of updating firmware and programming in general.

I have 2 questions about installing the 710G:

1. There are 2 speaker plugs on the rear.  If I am only going to use a single remote speaker do I plug it into the left or right plug?  Is there any advantage to using 2 spearate speakers?  The manual does not describe the function of either.

2. Is the sticky stuff on the front panel fan-shaped mount sufficient to hold to a dashboard?  Should I instead use strong velcro?  I do not intend to screw the mount into the dashboard.

Thanks and 73
-- Bruce, WA3AFS