OK, thanks. That was kind of my plan, to just look for the right size 12V fan, but thought I'd ask in case someone had found a particular unit that they were satisfied with and would recommend.

73,

D.

On 11/6/2019 11:03 PM, Herb wrote:
I have replaced the fan in several of my radios as the do fail in time. I have always used any 12v fan I could buy at a Hamfest that was the correct dimensions to fit the bracket. Have had to splice the wires in the current connector to make them work but have always got them to work just fine.
I am sure you can search the internet and find a fan that fits for a few bucks....
Herb, KB7UVC
NW APRS Group, West Sound Coordinator
Our WEB Site: http://blog.nwaprs.info/
-----Original Message-----
From: TMD700A@groups.io [mailto:TMD700A@groups.io] On Behalf Of Doug Alderdice
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2019 6:21 PM
To: TMD700A@groups.io
Subject: [TMD700A] Replacement fan suggestions
What's the current thinking on a replacement cooling fan for the D700?
Mine is getting rather noisy like they do, and I guess I am lucky it has
taken all this time to get to this point, despite a lot of use and a lot
of miles over the years.
Are the fans still available from Kenwood, or, is there a better fan
that you've found for this purpose?
Tnx es 73,
Doug, KA2WFT