Re: New D10GA questions

Randy Allen

I use the Kenwood PG-5G cable.  For use with APRS software it needs to be plugged into the data port on the control head (where the TNC resides), not the radio body (that port is used for programming, ECHO LINK, etc.). I'm not familiar with the RT cable so don't know if it works the same.  I've never used audio cables for APRS connectivity so can't help you there.

Make sure the COM port in the radio is turned on (Menu 604).

Since you are using APRSIS32, check out this page (if you haven't already): http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/port:kenwood-tm-d710

Hope this helps.

73

Randy KAØAZS

On 9/5/2019 09:26, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
I am OK with Normal repeater functions. And I already bought the RT software and cable ... even setup a few mem channels.
It's APRS that I am having troubles with. For example, I can press BCON and see I xmit ...every once in a while I can go on FindU and see that somehow my fixed GPS Position here at home, got TO findU ... but it seems I don't always send out a beacon even though I have it on Auto.

Lemme ask this: I am using APRIS32 program ... how do I get audio in and out of it. So far, plugging in the Pink & Green plugs into the PC front panel Audio and Mic plugs produces nix.

what software is anyone using for comms with ISS for example?

B4 this rig, I used Packet Engine Pro and UISS with great success.

so what to use with the D710GA?