From: James Bradley <bradleyjab@...>
To: TMD700A@groups.io
Sent: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 11:19 AM
Subject: Re: [TMD700A] Mobile Control Head Mounting Idea #'s

Hay Lee,

Which Garmin are you using and is it connected to the D710

Thanks
Jim

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 2:09 AM Lee Besing <lee@...> wrote:
I was trying to figure out how to mount the control head / panel for my TM-D710GA or TM-D700 radios in a mobile situation where a permanent mount was not optimal. Due to theft precautions, I wasn't willing to permanently mount it on my dash, especially with the heat that we experience in South Texas.

I found this GPS dash mount on Amazon and thought it might be adaptable for the OEM mount provided by Kenwood.  $9.61 plus tax via Amazon Prime.

AmazonBasics GPS Dashboard Mount for Garmin, Tomtom, Magellan and Other Portable GPS Navigators https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0772CR74K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_tdCMCbCDT47CX

The black hard plastic circle is designed for a suction cup mount, but lended itself for a solid adhesion by the sticky tape that came on the bracket.  The beanbag weighted base keeps it from sliding around under most driving circumstances, but if you slam on the brakes, all bets are off.

I hope this info might give other owners of these radios,  an idea or two.  I frequently work larger bicycle events in rental vehicles, so temp installation is the only option.