Re: TM-D710GA APRS Settings

Mike Rees

Is the BCON icon on display

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 8:28 PM Lee Besing <lee@...> wrote:
I've got a cheap 15w Chinese 2mtr mobile radio connected to a TinyTrak3+ unit in the same vehicle, using the same type of antenna, mounted on the opposite side, that IS getting picked up by the multiple iGates and digipeaters in San Antonio.  N5NTG-4 is its SSID.

So signal isn't the issue in my case. Voice reports are fine using the 710GA on Band B.

But thanks for considering my problem.

Lee Besing
210-771-7075
San Antonio TX

-----Original Message-----
From: "Dennis Yard via Groups.Io" <hamandrovers=yahoo.com@groups.io>
To: TMD700A@groups.io
Sent: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 9:32 PM
Subject: Re: [TMD700A] TM-D710GA APRS Settings

Lee,

I had a hard time of showing up on APRS.fi until I figured out my signal wasn't being heard on a gateway from inside the house.

Had to go outside or stick on a outside mounted antenna.

Dennis Yard
N1TEN

On Monday, March 25, 2019, 05:41:43 PM PDT, Lee Besing <lee@...> wrote:

Now that I got my radio back from Kenwood, repaired, I'm trying to set up the aprs on it. I set up the A band as the data band, which was the default, and I inserted my call sign where it said no call, then added an SSID of - 7 only because I've got other tiny tracker units using some of the other numbers. But for some reason, I can't seem to get it to show up on APRS.FI.

I have the GPS! icon turned on & it is flashing. It updates the time upon first link.

Should the radio time be set to my local time, CDT, or to UTC time? I can see where that would keep something from showing up in a timely manner if the date is wrong. I left the oyher default settings alone.

Suggestions?

De N5NTG Lee

I tried Smart beaconing & timed beaconing. I set up text msg #1 to transmit every other time.

Mike
N6YSK

And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worth while, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: "I served in the United States Navy."