Re: Com port to USB failure

David Ranch

Check your USB to serial adapter's drivers.  You might be a victim of a counterfit Prolific chip but work arounds are available:

   http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

--David
KI6ZHD

On 07/06/2018 01:46 PM, Joe Dietrick wrote:
My D700 attached to a Windows XP ran UI-View32 and programming via the MCP without issues via an RS232/USB adapter. That laptop died, and I can't make a connection with either my Windows 7 or Windows 10 laptops.  This includes the RS 232/USB adapter and a cable with the USB connector on it.

I don't know what the difference between the COM & DATA ports are in this regard.

Any help in solving this issue is appreciated.

Thank you.

Joe, KC0NOX