Re: FULLDUP tnc command: How?

royldean@...

David,

No, it's not up-to-date on firmware.   I'm going to have to find a windows machine that I can install the Kenwood software on, or tinker with installing it on one of my linux machines with WINE.... as I don't have a windows machine.

I will try switching the DCD back on, first, though.   I have not run it that way since turning on FULLDUP, so it's a worthwhile experiment.

--Roy
K3RLD

---In TMD700A@..., <tmd710@...> wrote :

Hello Roy,

I responded to this last night, but for some reason it never posted:

I got this one though.

A Band (Tx) is 145.840
B Band (Rx) is 435.103

Not sure why you would suggest "just let the TNC see and ignore all those packets"?   I want the TNC to decode ALL packets on the Rx band, while simultaneously encoding and transmitting packets on the Tx band.

I had misread the line "What I have to do to FORCE the transmit is to tune the Rx band down 5 to 10 kHz so that the TNC no longer sees packets - then there will be a flurry of Tx activity, then I quickly tune Rx band back to the proper frequency to resume decoding the downlink."   From that, that's where I went with rig control, etc.  Sorry about that.  Anyway, in RE-READING that line, it sure seems like the TNC really isn't in full duplex and it's waiting for the channel to be not-busy before transmitting.  Aka.. acting like it's a vanilla TNC on one frequency using one VFO.

Also, with DCD in "ignore", it will Tx packets with the Rx squelch wide open as well, as long as it's not currently decoding packets on the downlink (which is precisely the issue - I want it to decode packets at the same time as encoding and transmitting packets on the uplink).

I'm curious if your D710 is fully updated with the newest main and TNC firmware?  It's worth checking.  Beyond that, this smacks of a possible TNC bug.  I understand that FULL DUPLEX actually inhibits the DCD detection automatically.  Just guessing but maybe if you put the DCD setting back to default, maybe the full duplex behavior will start working as expected?

--David
KI6ZHD