Re: FULLDUP tnc command: How?

royldean@...

Bill -

Thanks for the clarification.  In retrospect, that seems obvious.   I'll give it a try this afternoon and report back on results.

--Roy
K3RLD

---In TMD700A@..., <williamrham@...> wrote :

Hi Roy,
  You must enter the tnc command,  then a space, then the command parameter, in this case either ON or OFF.     In other words as follows:

FULLDUP ON    (to turn it on)
FULLDUP OFF   (to turn it off)

You can also use the short form of a tnc command if you like.    In this case the short form for FULLDUP is FU (believe it or not, hi hi).     So you could enter it as follows:

FU ON (to turn it on)
FU OFF (to turn it off)

Hope this work for you.

                                  Bill (VA1ALW)

Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2017 4:58 PM
Subject: [TMD700A] FULLDUP tnc command: How?

Trying to get full duplex TNC functionality for use with FalconSat-3.   Manual says the TNC command is "FULLDUP".

So, I connect via rs232 terminal emulator (cable connected to the control head, NOT the RF deck), and enter command "FULLDUP".

All I get in return is the following:

"?ULLDUP"

Has it actually worked?   Or is the "?" indicating that it has no clue what I asked of it?   Note that if I type in "ID" and hit enter, it comes back with "TM-D710GA" (or something similar), so I am definately connected to something.   Any suggestions?

-Roy

K3RLD