Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:51 PM
Subject: Re: [TMD700A] TM-D700A Freezes

To the point. Modular connectors were designed for indoor environments where
they would be pretty much plugged in and left alone. NOT
dusty/hot/cold/humid/dry/wet/vibrating/bouncing mobile service. Mil-spec is not
really necessary either - just something between the two. Like the now-classic
4 (or more) pin screw-down popularized in the late 70s and 80s. But that's what
you get if you want smaller, cheaper radios.

73

-Jim
NU0C

--

The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.

-Harlan Ellison