From: "Brian Beuershausen kb5eo.radio@... [TMD700A]"
<TMD700A@...>
To: TMD700A@...
Subject: Re: [TMD700A] TM-D700A Freezes

In my case, the fault was clearly in the installation (mine) by not
providing enough protection for the cable as it passed by a sharp edge.
There was certainly nothing defective or inadequate about the cable as
supplied. I think the resilient rubber outer layer that Kenwood selected
is about the best possible choice.

Modular RJ connectors are fine as long as there isn't continual stress or
flexing at the termination and the disconnected cables are handled
carefully. But you can say the same for nearly every other style. For
stuff that is plugged in and stays that way, there's nothing special you
need to do for an RJ connector that you don't also need to do for any other
type.

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 8:55 AM, 'LARRY J. FORD' lford@... [TMD700A] <
TMD700A@...> wrote:

Ditto.

Frankly, I consider the cables supplied with the D700A to be
"substantial"
as
compared to some other manufacturers products.

I guess at "some" additional expense Kenwood could enclose the control
cable,
etc., in conduit or make them out of some sort of heliax, but that might
make
them difficult to route!! ;-)

As licensed amateur radio operators, we have the option to make
modifications
to our equipment to overcome perceived short-comings.

Larry
K4AEC