From: "Jim K5JG k5jg@... [TMD700A]" <TMD700A@...>
To: TMD700A@...
Subject: Re: [TMD700A] TM-D700A Freezes

My TMD-700A is 15-1/2 years old and is now in it's 5th vehicle using the
original separation cable. I've not had any problem with the modular
connectors on that cable or the one on the mic cable in all that time.

I worked for a ham radio dealer for over 11 years and, contrary to
popular belief, we almost never saw problems with modular connectors or
the "wimpy" separation cables. When we did, it was typically because
they had been abused or improperly installed.

73, Jim K5JG

'Jim Shorney' @NU0C [TMD700A] wrote:
I consider wimpy cables and modular "RJ" connectors marketed for the
mobile
environment to be a manufacturing defect.

73

-Jim
NU0C

Yahoo Groups Links