Re: TM-D700A Freezes

Jim Shorney

I consider wimpy cables and modular "RJ" connectors marketed for the mobile
environment to be a manufacturing defect.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 23:16:49 -0500, Brian Beuershausen kb5eo.radio@...
[TMD700A] wrote:

An intermittent connection in the control cable can do that. In my case,
the radio started acting flaky, then suddenly quit working. I returned it
to Kenwood, just out of warranty and they sent it back with a new control
head & cable and asked me to remove the original cable that was installed
in my truck. Upon removal, I discovered that it had gotten pinched by the
edge of an interior panel and that eventually broke and/or shorted some
wires, destroying the original control head.

Kudos to Kenwood for graciously taking care of me even though the radio was
a few weeks out of warranty and it was clearly not a manufacturer defect.

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 6:55 PM, 'GK' glendor2@... [TMD700A] <
TMD700A@...> wrote:

OK, an update on the "freezing" problem.

I went to the car and got another radio and guess what? It still does it.
Does anybody know of an issue with the control head that would cause this?
I thought a sticking power button, but as soon as I leave it off over
night, it acts normally.

I am confused!!

Gary
N8GJK