Re: TM-D700A Freezes

Brian Beuershausen

An intermittent connection in the control cable can do that.  In my case, the radio started acting flaky, then suddenly quit working.  I returned it to Kenwood, just out of warranty and they sent it back with a new control head & cable and asked me to remove the original cable that was installed in my truck.  Upon removal, I discovered that it had gotten pinched by the edge of an interior panel and that eventually broke and/or shorted some wires, destroying the original control head.

Kudos to Kenwood for graciously taking care of me even though the radio was a few weeks out of warranty and it was clearly not a manufacturer defect.

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 6:55 PM, 'GK' glendor2@... [TMD700A] <TMD700A@...> wrote:

OK, an update on the "freezing" problem.

I went to the car and got another radio and guess what? It still does it. Does anybody know of an issue with the control head that would cause this? I thought a sticking power button, but as soon as I leave it off over night, it acts normally.

I am confused!!

Gary
N8GJK

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:24 PM
Subject: Re: [TMD700A] TM-D700A Freezes

Try the hard reset.  Mine did that once, and the hard reset fixed it.

73,
Joe, K0DNS

---
Joseph L. Moll, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, NSA-IAM, NSA-IEM
Castle Rock, Colorado USA

On Jul 17, 2014, at 4:37 PM, "'GK' glendor2@... [TMD700A]" <TMD700A@...> wrote:

I was just sitting here watching TV and it shut off. I reached down to check the case and it is warm, but no very warm. I am at a loss. It was just sitting there; not transmitting, just listening.

ARGH!!!

Where is Cliff when you need him!!

73,
Gary