Re: Display Problem

noskosteve

The bit about turn it off and on and it comes up correctly is strange.

Perhaps this may be illusive "PM" memory related. (I think it is better to think of PMs as "Programmable Menus". )

Perhaps:

1- You have not SAVED the PM that you power up in.[F][P.IN] (page 44)

2 -You have "auto PM store" turned off. Pg 45 in the manual. With this turned OFF, changes you make are not saved in the PM unless you forse it (pg 44).

Note that on Pg 42 it shows that this feature (Auto PM Store) is not saved with the PMs so this means that it is the same for all PMs.

73, Steve, K9DCI

--- "ve7gtc" wrote:

Greetings Group,

I have a TM-D700A with a problem it has had for a couple of years. It is not major, but puzzling. When I power up the rig, it always goes into channel mode. That is each side of the display reads CH1 rather than the frequency. The channels, which are programmed, work properly. The only way to get into frequency mode is leave the radio on for 60 seconds or so, then turn it off and on, and it comes up in frequency mode. There is a menu option to power up in frequency mode, and that is set properly, but nothing seems to matter. Has anyone seen or solved this problem?
Thanks, Gus k2gt ve7gtc