Display Problem

ve7gtc

Greetings Group,

I have a TM-D700A with a problem it has had for a couple of years. It is not major, but puzzling. When I power up the rig, it always goes into channel mode. That is each side of the display reads CH1 rather than the frequency. The channels, which are programmed, work properly. The only way to get into frequency mode is leave the radio on for 60 seconds or so, then turn it off and on, and it comes up in frequency mode. There is a menu option to power up in frequency mode, and that is set properly, but nothing seems to matter. Has anyone seen or solved this problem?
Thanks, Gus k2gt ve7gtc