Re: packet

Greg Morris <gdmorris707@...>

Thanks John, so yes it's communicating but why did it not understand the command?

________________________________
From: John K9IJ <john@k9ij.net>
To: TMD700A@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, January 24, 2010 8:15:41 PM
Subject: Re: [TMD700A] packet

At 09:46 PM 1/24/2010, you wrote:
Ok, first of all, thank you guys for jumping in
to try and get me going. The following is my setup.
1. Computer, in device manager / ports
(com/lpt), communication port set to 9600, port (com 1)
2. Software: Winpack V6.80
   a: baud rate set at 9600
3. TNC
   a: Aux 1-9-5 (com port) = 9600
   b: Aux 1-9-6 (data speed) = 9600
4. TNC Packet , TNC on
Now to address the serial stream. I tried the
AI, AI 1 at the command prompt but I get a
return of    ?EH then back to cmd: so I don't know if it's on or off.

So what is ?EH, hey this is getting more fun.
Soooooo what do you think? thanks again
?EH means that you sent a command to the TNC that it did not understand.

In a way, it's a good sign, in that the
indication is that you're successfully talking to the TNC.

John - K9IJ

-

John Rice K9IJ
john@k9ij.net