From: Steve <noskosteve@...>
Subject: [TMD700A] Re: Serial cable question
To: TMD700A@...
Date: Sunday, March 29, 2009, 10:54 PM

Benny,

You've got to know the answer to this question.

I'm doing Serial I/O on a PC with a serial port, called COM1. I do memory management and real time control of several radios, including the D700, using Excel. (See the Files area).

I just got a new PC with 4 USBs. Aside from the USB<>Serial adapter functionality issue (which is critical for me), How do I know which COM numbers are assigned to the USB ports. Is it going to be 1, 2, 3, 4 or some other numbers...?

--

73, Steve, K9DCI

It's critical because on two of the radios (706 & TH-F6A) I steal power from the serial port for the level conversion circuitry.