Re: Unprotocol & UIDIGI Menu Settings

noskosteve

Hey Scott,

Welcome to APRS.

For some plain language and up to date explanations for the beginner.

In the Files area is the Folder:
K9DCI's Excel CAT & Beginner Guide & Mic quick guide

Which has the file:
APRS Beginner Guide - K9DCI Ver 4.pdf

Comments invited and welcome.

I believe I address UNPROTO, but not UIDIGI.

Simply, UNPROTO says that you are sending a packet TO all APRS stations. It must start with "AP". You don't need to, nor should you change this. The K means Kenwood and the rest defines the version.

UIDIGI is used when the radio is operating as a repeater and defines what it will repeat. IF you decide to do ANY repeating, please read up on this and request help.

73, Steve, K9DCI

--- In TMD700A@..., "w8att@..." <w8att@...> wrote:

I have my radio up and running APRS but was asking what these two menu options do and any suggestions for the settings of them. Appreciate any help here.
Thanx,
Scott W8ATT