Re: Serial cable question

Ben Lindner-VK5JFK <vk5jfk@...>

I actually have a USB-Serial cable that works with both my 700 and TH7. I had it back in the old days of Win98. I saw a picture on a website that looked like mine, so downloaded drivers just to check if it would work and it been going ever since.

chees
Ben - VK5JFK

Joe Pistritto wrote:

My experience here is that doesnt work with the programming software for
the TMD700A

I had to get a *real* serial cable and hook it up to a real serial port
(ie. all 9 pins straight through).
a USB serial adapter would not work.

Now, i've done the other thing when i just wanted to run WinAPRS or
something with the radio, but if you're going to use a connection for
programming, its best if its a real serial port.
-jcp-

Billy Mason (E-Lists) wrote:
One could get the appropriate gender RJ45 to Serial Adapters and connect
them with a standard network (Ethernet) cable. A very simple and compact
way to make your own serial cables. Mix and match the genders of the
adapters and can cover all bases.

Regards,

Billy Mason, KD5KNR

Bedford, TX