Re: Serial cable question

Dale Blanchard

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve" <noskosteve@...>
To: TMD700A@...
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:14:54 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [TMD700A] Re: Serial cable question

Yea.
While I have a few of the larger style (and some null modems like that) I grabbed onto a few of that second, smaller type and they really come in handy. Especially after spending time making that oh-so-perfect connector to find out you grabbed the wrong sex DB-9...Arrrrrg!

--
73, Steve, K9DCI

Back when RS-232 serial became standard every one had their own standards .

Once you took a cable out of the box it was not marked ats to what it was.

I understand it all now, but it was a hard thing to learn when the computer guru's did not know anything. Then there was the non standard cables like Commodore and others had .

Dale