Re: Serial cable question

Glenn Dixon <dixonge@...>

Thanks, Steve.

I obviously made the wrong choice when guessing which cable would work.
Unfortunately Tanner Electronics is closed on Sundays :o(

But I'll be back over there this week. My cable was around $4 as opposed to
Radio Shack or Best Buy's ridiculously high prices. Same for the audio
cable to extend the GPS cable. I love that place.

Glenn
dixonge@...

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Steve <noskosteve@...> wrote:

--- In TMD700A@... <TMD700A%40yahoogroups.com>, Glenn Dixon
<dixonge@...> wrote:

so I need to take my female-to-female null modem cable back and exchange
it for a female-to-female straight cable?

Yep.

If the USB<>Serial a Male
and the
Radio is Male

You need an F to F straight through cable.
No nul modem. No Gender Bender needed.

Though, JUST IN CASE, if they don't have an F to F, you may still use one
to make an F to F.

And BTW, IF you have Excel, There is an Excel workbook in the Files Area
that does FULL memory management and a bit more. Look for my call.

-- 73, Steve, K9DCI