Re: TMD700 "Opening TNC"

Herb

Looking through my saved messages, it appears this is the way you have to
reset the TNC.

Herb, KB7UVC
NW APRS Group, West Sound Coordinator
Our WEB Site: http://www.nwaprs.info

When you do a "Reset" on the radio it does NOT reset the TNC to reset
the TNC go to Hyper Terminal from Start in Windows:
Setting up hyper Terminal to work with tmd700a.
For packet use it only uses 1200 baud on TH-DAG, tm-D700a and TS2000
which has a very simple built-TNC.

Hyper Terminal Setup: RESET

a. start hypertermal and set it for correct port and same speed as
set for packet(1200), while PC is connected to tm-d700a via a cable
to its 9 pin connector.
b. turn on packet mode pressing the Fbutton for about 2 seconds
and then press TNC button until you see TNC PKT in the top of the d700a
display. Tnc parameters should now be accessible.
c. Performa a TNC Reset command via the hyperterminal screen i.e
Type RESET.
THis is necessary because the d700a never resets the TNC, not even
during a full radio Reset..

The above info is a direct quote from Kenwood -KCC-
Amateur@... - dtd 7/23/07..

73 Howard k4qb