Topics

Weekly Zoom Net is here to stay for the foreseeable future

David Andrews

David Andrews is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: TLARC Zoom Net

Time: Every week on Wednesday, starting on May 6, 2020 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82553745143?pwd=Tlh4U0R2WTdqa2gycm01UFAyWk1FZz09

Mark your calendars! By popular demand, we’ll have weekly Zoom Nets, starting at 18:30. The forty minute time limit no longer applies for us. We will also start the Weekly TLARC Radio Net at 19:00, but the Zoom session will remain active until 20:00, so everyone can have virtual dessert after the meeting.

But wait, there’s more!

On Wednesday, May 6th, the Zoom session will be a virtual Swap Shop. This is an experiment, so come prepared to make it a success. The idea is the brainchild of our highly esteemed Web Master, George N2APB.

I’d like to propose that we start conducting a monthly virtual ‘swap meet’ during the first weekly Zoom meeting each month.  Items for sale, trade or swap would be *anything*: radio, box of parts, coax cable, audio cables, connectors, partially completed kits, gadgets, tools, computers, TVs ... whatever you would normally see at a Hamfest.

We will ‘go around the (zoom) room’, person by person, to give him/her an opportunity to sell/swap something that they personally have in-hand. The person would show and describe the item and ask if there is anyone interested. (Net control would step in to coordinate if there’s lots of interest.) We’re also going to try a Swap & Sell page on the website. Anyone with items to swap or sell can send a photo, description and asking price to George for placement on the Swap & Sell webpage for previewing. During the Swap Shop Zoom Net the owner, if present, would describe the items more fully to the others present, and then the auction begins.

So pick through your piles, find some gems you’re willing to part with, and either be ready to display your stuff Wednesday night or get the details to N2APB. This has the potential to grow to surrounding clubs if our trial run succeeds. Are you game? See you Wednesday at 18:30.

Meeting ID: 825 5374 5143

Password: 463426

One tap mobile

+13126266799,,82553745143#,,1#,463426# US (Chicago)

+19292056099,,82553745143#,,1#,463426# US (New York)

Dial by your location

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)