Topics

Weekly net follow-up items

David Andrews

A big thank you to everyone for participating in tonight’s net. We had 16 sign-ins. Here are a few key takeaways from the conversation:

  • Juan has 8 family members with coronavirus; 2 are in ICU. Please keep Juan and his family in your thoughts and prayers. If you don’t know anyone affected by this pandemic yet, you probably will fairly soon.
  • We have net control station operators set up for the next few weeks. Interested in giving it a go? It’s a great way to practice your communicating skills, and the pay and benefits are top shelf. Email me if interested.
  • If you haven’t signed up for a Zoom account yet, you should probably add it near the top of your honey-do list. We’re going to use it again real soon. Stay tuned.
  • Our beloved webmaster’s daughter is on the front line of the coronavirus war in the Baltimore Maryland area. She and her coworkers need some basic supplies to maintain their safety. If you have ANY extra supplies such as Clorox wipes, hand sanitizer, and the like, please contact George; he will pick it up and ship it off in one of his regular supply packages. When my son was in Afghanistan, my family, my siblings families, our local community and our volunteer fire department sent large weekly packages to his unit with all the items they needed and couldn’t source locally. It meant everything to them. Well folks, Baltimore is our Helmand Province and now is the time to step up. Need I say more?

Look around, count your blessings, and have a good night.

73, N1ESK