Topics

Upcoming TLARC Field Nut Event

Jim Anderson

Good morning, TLARC!

Saturday, April 20 marks the traditional first major QRP field event of the year - QRP To The Field. Rules are available at this link:

This year's theme is "Any Ole Park" and the TLARC Field Nuts plan to activate at Lenoir City Park overlooking the Fort Loudoun Dam. No specific times but I would anticipate the afternoon hours being prime for 40 and 20 meter propagation.

This event partners with Summits On The Air so there should be a number of SOTA activations that day to provide additional contact opportunities. Not sure about low power operating? Come on out and see what can be done with a full QRP gallon - 5 watts CW or 10 watts SSB.

We hope to see you there - it's been a wet spring so let's hope for a nice day on the 20th!

72, Jim - K0RGI

WK9M

Interesting, I always thought that QRP was 5W or less regardless of mode.  There is some discussion about this variable on Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QRP_operation#Practice

I'm not sure about that date offhand but so far looks good.  You may want to send a reminder the day before as well.

'73,
Randy

On 4/7/2019 3:48 AM, Jim Anderson wrote:
Good morning, TLARC!

Saturday, April 20 marks the traditional first major QRP field event of the year - QRP To The Field. Rules are available at this link:

This year's theme is "Any Ole Park" and the TLARC Field Nuts plan to activate at Lenoir City Park overlooking the Fort Loudoun Dam. No specific times but I would anticipate the afternoon hours being prime for 40 and 20 meter propagation.

This event partners with Summits On The Air so there should be a number of SOTA activations that day to provide additional contact opportunities. Not sure about low power operating? Come on out and see what can be done with a full QRP gallon - 5 watts CW or 10 watts SSB.

We hope to see you there - it's been a wet spring so let's hope for a nice day on the 20th!

72, Jim - K0RGI

George N2APB

Count me “in”!

72, George N2APB

[...]

The weather forecast for tomorrow is looking quite miserable and I'm cancelling my participation in the QRP To The Field event. The predicted 50 degree high temperature isn't terrible, but the accompanying rain is a show-stopper for me. Have fun if you decide to set up at Lenoir City Park and operate.

72/73, Jim - K0RGI

On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 12:47 PM Jim Anderson via Groups.Io <jimk0rgi=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good morning, TLARC!

Saturday, April 20 marks the traditional first major QRP field event of the year - QRP To The Field. Rules are available at this link:

This year's theme is "Any Ole Park" and the TLARC Field Nuts plan to activate at Lenoir City Park overlooking the Fort Loudoun Dam. No specific times but I would anticipate the afternoon hours being prime for 40 and 20 meter propagation.

This event partners with Summits On The Air so there should be a number of SOTA activations that day to provide additional contact opportunities. Not sure about low power operating? Come on out and see what can be done with a full QRP gallon - 5 watts CW or 10 watts SSB.

We hope to see you there - it's been a wet spring so let's hope for a nice day on the 20th!

72, Jim - K0RGI

Juan Lopez

TLARC,

Alternate location is the weather is not cooperating is the Tugaloo Beach cabana at noon. QRP to the field will coincide with the Michigan QSO Parry. The TLARC repeater will be monitored during the event.