Unlicensed Operator

David Weikert

TLARC,

The repeater was shutdown tonight from 9:00pm to 9:15pm due to an unlicensed person operating on the club repeater.

Surrounding clubs were notified.

The call he was using tonight on more than one occasion, is K5JDE.

The officers are aware of the suspect and are pursuing the matter.

He has a distinctive double Roger beep on the end of his transmission.

DO NOT engage this person on the air. Report any future unlawful transmissions to the Repeater Coordinator, N1ESK, WK9M or club officers.

If replying to this e-mail, please reply to sender at the bottom of the e-mail.

David Weikert
KF4DKW
Repeater Coordinator - Tellico Lake Amateur Radio Club

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021, 8:37 PM mike wagner via groups.io <kk6oku=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
It has come to my attention that an individual claiming to have a Tech License under the following calls K5JDE, KO5JDM, KOQR35 is NOT legal.
Therefore I am advising all .io recipients not to engage in a qso with this individual.
Although he appears to be seeking a legal license, after numerous notifications that he stop utilizing any transmitter/Repeater until legally licensed, he continues to utilize the radio on the TLARC repeater.

Mike Wagner
KK6OKU 🦄
President Tellico Lake Amateur Radio Club

David Andrews

Hi, Saturday’s dance card is full of Zoom seminars as part of the virtual Hamcation Hamfest. Can we push the repeater site visit to the following Saturday, Feb 20th?

ESK

[...]

Sorry everyone, wrong recipients. It’s getting late.

N1ESK