TN QSO Party

Juan Lopez

TLARC Members,

It is our turn to be host to a state QSO Party. Dust off those microphones, CW keyers, and computer keyboards.

Please make an effort to get on the air and hand out a few QSOs between 2:00 p.m. through 11:00 p.m. EST this Sunday. It doesn't matter if you get on-the-air for 10 minutes or 10 hrs. Just try to get on as many bands (regardless of mode) and "CALL" CQ TN QSO party. Everyone out of state and DX will be on the hunt for TN stations so just sit there and call CQ. You can slot yourself so people will know where to find you. The exchange is a signal report and the four letter abbreviation of your county (e.g. Loudon=LOUD, Roane=ROAN).

If you read this far, the next item is important. There is an in-state club competition category. Simply get on the air and submit your log with the club name listed as "TELLICO LAKE ARC" and every individual log submitted with the club name will be added to the club score. TLARC has a very good chance of winning the club competition. Let's get out there and make an effort to win the in-state category. Please let me know if you have any questions. It doesn't matter what level of operator you are. Out of state people need your QSO.

Let me know if you plan to participate. I emphasize that you only need a license, radio station and willingness to get on and hand out QSOs for this to work. I can help you sort log submission after the fact to make sure TLARC gets credit.

Please visit www.tnqp.org for more details and contest rules. Below is the club competition rules for your convenience.

Also, remember that you can get 100 bonus points added to your score by making contact with K4TCG so look for them often. They will have dedicated operators operating around the clock.

CLUB COMPETITION

The Tennessee QSO Party offers club competition. There is no residency requirement for club participation, nor is there any requirement for entrants within a club to live in (or operate from) any particular geographic radius. A club need not have any formal structure. Entrants wishing their scores to count towards club competition must ensure the name of their club appears on their entry. (most contest software will take care of this automatically)

Clubs whose members are all inside Tennessee will participate in one competition; those whose members are all outside the state will compete with other outside-Tennessee clubs. If a club submits entries from both inside and outside Tennessee, they will be treated as two separate clubs.

The Tennessee Contest Group is not eligible for club competition

*****Let's Go TLARC!!!!******

P.S. I will be operating SO2R for this event.

73
JUAN
AC6ZM

Get Outlook for Android

michael J. foley

I'll be there......

73,
Mike, K4MJF

Juan Lopez

I knew we could count on that fine SSB broadcasters voice!

Juan
AC6ZM