Topics

Spot the station

Mike Wagner

Should weather permit:
FRM:HQ-spotthestation@...
SUBJ:SpotTheStation
MSG:Time: Sun Apr 26 6:16 AM, Visible: 5 min, Max Height: 46 degrees, Appears: WSW, Disappears: NNE

Mike
KK6OKU
All That Motorsports

David Schoenherr

Mike,  Do we get extra points if we see the station and a funnel cloud tonight.???  Just sayin........

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 6:01 PM Mike Wagner <mike@...> wrote:
Should weather permit:
FRM:HQ-spotthestation@...
SUBJ:SpotTheStation
MSG:Time: Sun Apr 26 6:16 AM, Visible: 5 min, Max Height: 46 degrees, Appears: WSW, Disappears: NNE

Mike
KK6OKU
All That Motorsports

michael J. foley

Only if you can get photographic proof of it......

Mike
In Scruffy City

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020, 7:11 PM David Schoenherr <dschoenherr1@...> wrote:
Mike,  Do we get extra points if we see the station and a funnel cloud tonight.???  Just sayin........

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 6:01 PM Mike Wagner <mike@...> wrote:
Should weather permit:
FRM:HQ-spotthestation@...
SUBJ:SpotTheStation
MSG:Time: Sun Apr 26 6:16 AM, Visible: 5 min, Max Height: 46 degrees, Appears: WSW, Disappears: NNE

Mike
KK6OKU
All That Motorsports

David Andrews

Mike,

Your post got my juices flowing. Sunday morning was overcast, so scratch that attempt. Looking at the prediction table and the weather forecast, Monday morning had potential. Set the alarm for an obscene time, pack everything up and head to a dark hill (back of the wellness Center). Take a few test shots, make final adjustments, then wait and freeze. Finally she appeared. 15 second exposure. Image attached.

It was worth the effort. David, N1ESK

Greg Wilde AE4GW .- . ....- --. .--

Great shot David!

Greg Wilde
KO4CYX
423-333-6358

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020, 6:26 AM David Andrews <n1esk1@...> wrote:

Mike,

Your post got my juices flowing. Sunday morning was overcast, so scratch that attempt. Looking at the prediction table and the weather forecast, Monday morning had potential. Set the alarm for an obscene time, pack everything up and head to a dark hill (back of the wellness Center). Take a few test shots, make final adjustments, then wait and freeze. Finally she appeared. 15 second exposure. Image attached.

It was worth the effort. David, N1ESK

Brent Martin

Great picture, thanks, Brent

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, April 27, 2020, 7:23 AM, Greg Wilde KO4CYX <greg@...> wrote:

Great shot David!

Greg Wilde
KO4CYX
423-333-6358

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020, 6:26 AM David Andrews <n1esk1@...> wrote:

Mike,

Your post got my juices flowing. Sunday morning was overcast, so scratch that attempt. Looking at the prediction table and the weather forecast, Monday morning had potential. Set the alarm for an obscene time, pack everything up and head to a dark hill (back of the wellness Center). Take a few test shots, make final adjustments, then wait and freeze. Finally she appeared. 15 second exposure. Image attached.

It was worth the effort. David, N1ESK

Sam Howard

David,

Great shot. Thanks for getting up and sharing the picture.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 06:26 David Andrews <n1esk1@...> wrote:

Mike,

Your post got my juices flowing. Sunday morning was overcast, so scratch that attempt. Looking at the prediction table and the weather forecast, Monday morning had potential. Set the alarm for an obscene time, pack everything up and head to a dark hill (back of the wellness Center). Take a few test shots, make final adjustments, then wait and freeze. Finally she appeared. 15 second exposure. Image attached.

It was worth the effort. David, N1ESK

George N2APB

My goodness, that is dedication Mr. ESK … great job!!  I already now have this in the Featured Items section of our website.

All: be sure to click on the photo to get a nicer widescreen view … then you can zoom in to full res to just about see the ISS.  Slight ‘earth motion’ visible but this is the best amateur shot I’ve seen!

73, George N2APB

http://www.tlarc.org/

Your post got my juices flowing. Sunday morning was overcast, so scratch that attempt. Looking at the prediction table and the weather forecast, Monday morning had potential. Set the alarm for an obscene time, pack everything up and head to a dark hill (back of the wellness Center). Take a few test shots, make final adjustments, then wait and freeze. Finally she appeared. 15 second exposure. Image attached.

It was worth the effort. David, N1ESK

Mike Wagner

Fantastic shot ESK!!

Mike