Simplex Net tonight

Hi folks,

For those of you who have an interest in operating Simplex, just to see how far you can talk, and to see just who you can talk to on Simplex. Tonight at 8 pm, on the W4BBB 147.300 repeater in Walland, TN, several will meet there and then try several Simplex frequencies.

Come join us for an evening of fun and fellowship. Hope to hear you this evening.

Tellico Lake Amateur Radio Club Vice President
Smoky Mountain Amateur Radio Club
470 ARG

Ben Poff

Tried to get into that repeater several times, but my HT wasn’t quite able to do it. So how did the Simplex test go?

Ben

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 12:49 Mikeljay <k4mjf.1@...> wrote:
Hi folks,

For those of you who have an interest in operating Simplex, just to see how far you can talk, and to see just who you can talk to on Simplex. Tonight at 8 pm, on the W4BBB 147.300 repeater in Walland, TN, several will meet there and then try several Simplex frequencies.

Come join us for an evening of fun and fellowship. Hope to hear you this evening.

Tellico Lake Amateur Radio Club Vice President
Smoky Mountain Amateur Radio Club

Ben Poff, EMS-LA
Lead Auditor ISO 14001 - Environmental Consultant

Green Canoe Solutions
Greenback, TN 37742
(865) 440-6139  Cell

WK9M

I don't get into that repeater with my HT well either, in order to receive 147.300 I have to put it in the 'right spot'.

The mobile and attic antenna made it in.  As expected I picked up Oak Ridge really well, but locations East and Southeast of me were either noisy or non-readable.  The same situation may exist for Tellico Village but the only way to know for sure is to give it a try on the next net.

TLARC had talked about trying simplex in the past and if there is enough interest we could coordinate a test in the future.  Pretty much HTs will be limited to your neighborhood but you should be able to pick up quite a few in your direct area.

Randy