Topics

Sevierville Hamfest Cancelled

Jim Anderson

Another one bites the dust. This came from ARRL this evening.

73, Jim - K0RGI

-----------------------------------

GE Delta Members and Amateurs,

As the Wuhan Coronavirus COVIN 19 shutdowns continue across the nation, the following Delta Division Hamfests have been either cancelled or postponed:

Ides of March Hamfest
CANCELLED
Start Date: 03/28/2020
End Date: 03/28/2020
Location: Tennessee National Guard Armory
2017 E. Reelfoot Avenue
Union City, TN 38261

Sevier County Hamfest
CANCELLED
Start Date: 03/28/2020
End Date: 03/28/2020
Location: Sevier County Fairgrounds
754 Old Knoxville Hwy
Sevierville , TN 37862

April Fool Hamfest
POSTPONED
Start Date: 04/04/2020
End Date: 04/05/2020
Location: Crossroads Arena
2800 South Harper Road
Corinth, MS 38834

Hanging Judge Hamfest
CANCELED -
Start Date: 04/04/2020
End Date: 04/04/2020
Location: Sebastian County Storm Shelter Ben Garen Park
7700 So. Zero St.
Fort Smith, AR 72901

Northeast Louisiana Hamfest, ARRL Louisiana Section Convention
CANCELED
Start Date: 04/18/2020
End Date: 04/18/2020
Location: West Monroe Convention Center
901 Ridge Avenue
West Monroe, LA 71291

That is the list of cancelations as we have it.  We still have Memphis
FreeFest listed for April 11, 2020, and we will advise the division
membership as to the status when we learn more.

Although many of us are disappointed about not getting to go to these great hamfests, this is probably a prudent measure for the safety and health of our fellow amateurs and ARRL members.

We will all be back next year or later this year, better than before God willing.

Stay safe and be careful when venturing forth.

73 ES  DX

DE K5UZ WB4RHQ

ARRL Delta Division
Director: David A Norris, K5UZ