Topics

Secret new project for TLARC Group Build

George N2APB

Those at the October meeting learned of the next secret project coming from N2APB ... Well, we're ready to start getting together a list of people interested in participating in the Beta Build of that project!

If you haven't already informed me of your intentions to be a part of this group, or if you need more information about it, please email me directly (n2apb <at> verizon <dot> net) with your phone number and a good time to call.  Nothing will be put in writing about the project yet (uhhh, because it's a secret), but we can chat to answer any questions.

The "generic specs":
- Cost to participate is $25 for the raw parts and the PCB;
- Optional red enclosure kit is an additional $15;
- All parts for the 4" x 4" PCB are thru-hole (i.e., "easy" to insert and solder);
- About 75 parts total ... should take about 3 hours to assemble;
- We'll have a "group build session" like last time with the clock, again at my QTH or another place close-by here in the Village; and
- The "group build" will likely happen next weekend or in the days shortly after that.

About 8 slots are remaining.  So again, if you have any questions please write me soon with your phone number and a time that I can call you.

Hope you can join us!  When done, it's guaranteed that you'll have a working single-board transceiver.  (Oops, the cat's nose is peeking out of the bag :)

73, George N2APB
http://www.tlarc.org/

Ben Poff

I would love to be a part of this secret project, but apparently the powers that be have deigned that I be on travel (again) during that time frame. This time I will be at Vanderbilt with my wife, not work, but less for fun for sure.

I look forward to the unveiling of the top secret apparatus in the future.

I realize that I've been absent quite a lot since getting my license and being a part of Field Day, but I have not been totally dormant. I am presently working through programming my HT using CHIRP and the information that y'all have put up on the web site, so that's been an adventure. I know that Mike, yourself, and I'm thinking David have graciously offered to help me get things started, but work travel got crazy and apparently is not going to slow down much before that end of the year. So I'm hoping that the offers stand and I will take advantage of them as soon as I can.

73

Ben KN4VIF

Ben Poff, EMS-LA
Lead Auditor ISO 14001 - Environmental Consultant
Green Canoe Solutions
Loudon, TN 37774
(865) 657-9712  Office/Home
(865) 440-6139  Cell