REMINDERS:// TLARC November Meeting and Chili Cook-off/Dinner, Cracker Barrel Pre-Meeting Planning Breakfast, Holiday Party, and December Exam Session

Chuck Ferguson - N4CSF

Good morning, everyone, and Happy Saturday to you all!

Our November General Meeting and chili cook-off/potluck are scheduled for Wednesday, November 17, 2021, at the Chota Recreation Center in Tellico Village.  We have reserved Conference Room D from 1730 EST to 2000 EST.  All are welcome to participate and try out your house specialties on our fellow TLARC members and guests -- mild to hazardously spicy, various meats, and vegetarian variations are encouraged.  Please reply to this message if you intend to bring a chili offering.  The Club will supply bowls, napkins, and utensils, and you bring your own drinks and Maalox!!!  Doors open for arrival/setup at 1730 EST, dinner starts at 1800 EST, and the meeting convenes at 1900 EST.

Attached please find the final draft minutes from our October 20, 2021, meeting at Bert's.  Please review and comment to me as needed.  We will consider the minutes at the meeting for Club approval.

Again, all members and guests have a standing invitation to attend the Admin Team's pre-meeting planning breakfast at the Lenoir City Cracker Barrel this Monday at 0900 EST.  Please feel free to join us for breakfast, fellowship, and a fun time.

The TLARC Holiday Party and December General Meeting are scheduled for Saturday, December 4, 2021, 1730 EST, at Grain Bin Commodities (GBC) in Sweetwater.  The cost for the buffet is $20 per person.  Please RSVP to Mike Foley NLT Wednesday, November 17, 2021, to ensure we can provide a timely headcount to GBC for their planning purposes.

Finally, anyone desiring to upgrade their current licenses to General or Extra or test for their initial Technician certificate, please mark your calendars for the TLARC exam session on Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 1800 EST to 2000 EST, at the Chota Recreation Center.  All candidates must possess a current and verifiable FCC Registration Number (FRN) to participate.  Those needing to apply for an FRN can do so online through FCC's COmmission REgistration System (CORES) website.  We can provide the how-to steps for this, if you need help.  Please advise the Admin Team in advance if you intend to sit for an exam to help our Volunteer Examiners ensure all the necessary test materials and supplies are on hand to support you in this endeavor.  Please e-mail me with any questions.

Have a wonderful weekend, and we look forward to seeing you -- and your CHILI -- next week!!

Chuck Ferguson
N4CSF
Secretary, Tellico Lake Amateur Radio Club

Robin Monserrat

Monserrats are bringing chili.

On Nov 13, 2021, at 11:42 AM, Chuck Ferguson - N4CSF <csferg60@...> wrote:

[...]

<10-20-2021 TLARC minutes.docx>

Brad (the Voice of the Village) Berger

If I can find some halfway fresh roadkill, I'll be bringing some. Otherwise it'll have to wait until next time.

OJK

On Sat, Nov 13, 2021, 4:08 PM Robin Monserrat <rmonserrat33469@...> wrote:
[...]

Angela Montgomery

The Montgomerys will be bringing their award winning chili...

On Sat, Nov 13, 2021 at 11:42 AM, Chuck Ferguson - N4CSF
<csferg60@...> wrote:
[...]

I hope you didn't collect all the roadkill. Leave some for others.

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021, 10:16 AM Angela Montgomery via groups.io <n4rpr=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
The Montgomerys will be bringing their award winning chili...

Angela

<csferg60@...> wrote:
[...]

Well...as it so happens...

This is my Facebook post from 2012 when I preparing my award winning chili for a church function.  And, I did win!

This possum entered our garage through the cat door.