November meeting minutes

David Andrews

Hi,

Attached are the minutes of the November meeting. Please forward any errors or corrections.

Thanks, David N1ESK

Gary Stickel

I would like to know what the essence of the discussion, and stated rationale was that convinced the membership to increase the dues.  The draft minutes provide no detail.   I’m not questioning anyone’s judgement here, I’d just like a little detail, please!
(I did ask this question via the TLARC email address a few days ago, but got no reply.)
Thanks!  Gary K4RQT
———————-
From the Draft Minutes:
“ After additional discussion, David N1ESK made the motion to raise the dues for 2021 to $20; the motion was seconded by Mike KK6OKU. After additional discussion, the motion was voted on. The motion unanimously passed with 10 yeas.”

=============

On Nov 22, 2020, at 7:24 PM, David Andrews <n1esk1@...> wrote:

Hi,

Attached are the minutes of the November meeting. Please forward any errors or corrections.

Thanks, David N1ESK

<11-18-2020 TLARC draft minutes.pdf>

David Andrews

Gary,

David KN4LMM replied Friday evening to your query on raising the dues, but in the event the email didn’t make it to you, as well for the edification of any others who didn’t make the meeting. Here is the reply again.

Gary; In the past when we did an activity, we were buying liability ins. by the day. We are now going to purchase year round coverage for every activity.   Someone (new officer) is going to pick up the Zoom cost going into the new year and should be reimbursed. Would be nice to have the club pick up pizza night here & there or whatever to add something to our meeting. As a group we decided that the new officers are stuck with trying to budget anything they would like to do based on the dues which according to the bylaws can only be set at this time.

Hoping to be doing many more activities as we come out of the COVID period, we did not want them to be handy capped. One time grant monies secured by secretary David should not be relied on for these routine types of expenses but held for Larger projects such as purchasing the repeater for the club.

Hope that sheds a little more light on the thinking. That being said, a motion to return the dues to a lower level can always be done in the future if members do not see the need.

Thanks;  David Schoenherr KN4LMM

I’ll add that the minutes reflect motions made, outcomes, and highlights. We haven’t typically drilled down to the level of detail required to get the pros and cons of various issues. To do so would be to create a transcript rather than minutes. Hope this helps.

David, N1ESK

I would like to know what the essence of the discussion, and stated rationale was that convinced the membership to increase the dues.  The draft minutes provide no detail.   I’m not questioning anyone’s judgement here, I’d just like a little detail, please!

(I did ask this question via the TLARC email address a few days ago, but got no reply.)

Thanks!  Gary K4RQT

———————-

From the Draft Minutes:

“ After additional discussion, David N1ESK made the motion to raise the dues for 2021 to $20; the motion was seconded by Mike KK6OKU. After additional discussion, the motion was voted on. The motion unanimously passed with 10 yeas.”

=============

On Nov 22, 2020, at 7:24 PM, David Andrews <n1esk1@...> wrote:

Hi,

Attached are the minutes of the November meeting. Please forward any errors or corrections.

Thanks, David N1ESK

<11-18-2020 TLARC draft minutes.pdf>

Gary Stickel

Thanks very much for the response, and the detailed explanation, David!
For some strange reason, I never got David KN4LMM’s email from last Friday! Just searched my email, and Spam filter!! Oh well.... so thanks for forwarding the content to me!
I’m not suggesting by any means that you pad the minutes full of discussion details.  I was just suggesting that it may be valuable to those who are unable to attend to understand the essence of the discussion.  Maybe just one sentence, saying something like: “We plan to incur additional expenses this coming year, like annual (vs ad hoc event) liability insurance, purchase the repeater used by the club, fund costs of Zoom meetings, and to provide funds and flexibility for things like occasional food at some meetings”.

That’s all I was looking for, and that’s more than sufficient to capture it in the minutes, which I feel is important, because the minutes are an historical document.

Thank you for taking the time to explain to me what transpired in the meeting. I was unable to attend but I’ll try to make more meetings, (and not be such a pest!)
Thanks again,
Gary - K4RQT
=============

[...]

From the Draft Minutes:

“ After additional discussion, David N1ESK made the motion to raise the dues for 2021 to $20; the motion was seconded by Mike KK6OKU. After additional discussion, the motion was voted on. The motion unanimously passed with 10 yeas.”

=============

On Nov 22, 2020, at 7:24 PM, David Andrews <n1esk1@...> wrote:

Hi,

Attached are the minutes of the November meeting. Please forward any errors or corrections.

Thanks, David N1ESK

<11-18-2020 TLARC draft minutes.pdf>

John Haskell <jasm2213@...>

David,

Paragraph beginning with "David N1ESK....", I believe "agrees" should be "agreed".

Also I note two unanimously passed motions in the minutes with different numbers of yeas recorded. I believe this is due to attendance changing as people come and go. You might want to clarify.

Regards,
Allan