Topics

North American QSO Party this weekend ... join in with the KN4DUA team!

George N2APB

Hey all,
The North American CW QSO Party (NAQP/CW) is happening this coming weekend, and we have a real fun and unique opportunity to participate... It allows for club operation by multiple stations operating separately from different locations!  This means that we'll have one station going at Juan's AC6ZM home station, another going from George's N2APB home station, and perhaps at the same time by other club members.  All we have to is register "who will be where" in advance.

Here's the full poop ... http://www.ncjweb.com/NAQP-Rules.pdf.  But in summary ...
- CW only – send as slow or fast as you like…Great for 1st-time contest operators!
- 1 pm ET Saturday to 1 am ET Sunday
- Single ops can work up to 10 of the 12 hours
- Exchange: Name and State (e.g. GEO TN)
- NO RST – do not send RST !!!
- 100 W maximum output power, or 5 W for QRP
- Bands: 160, 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10 meters only
- QSOs: Work the same station on multiple bands.  Ask stations to QSY to other bands (this is fun…try to work ‘em on 6 bands!)

We think we're going to have George's station in operation at the start, at 1:00 on Saturday afternoon.
Maybe even some QRP Field Ops up on the Ft. Loudon Dam Overlook ... TLARC Field Ops again!!
Then we'll have Juan's station open in the evening on into the wee hour (1am).

So, let us know if you have any interest at all in helping support TLARC put KN4DUA on the map yet again.  You can cheer us on, you can take a turn at the CW paddles (or straight key), or you operate from your own home ... It couldn't be easier!

73, George N2APB
www.tlarc.org