From: TLARC@groups.io <TLARC@groups.io> On Behalf Of Lou Devillon
Sent: Monday, February 8, 2021 12:22 PM
To: TLARC@groups.io
Subject: [TLARC] Morse Code New Use

Lou Devillon

Good suggestions, George.

73,

Lou K4ZRP.     ;-)

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021, 5:21 PM George N2APB <n2apb@...> wrote:

Really interesting Lou.  I was really into cybersecurity (to say the least) when working and using Morse code this way wasn’t even considered back then.  But surprisingly in contrast, we used various Morse code tricks in our games and training tools.  If one is ‘into’ these kinds of puzzles and games, you can have hours of fun at <https://www.nsa.gov/news-features/puzzles-activities/puzzle-periodical/>

But the bottom line against phishing vectors is to never open anything from someone if it looks funny, and certainly don’t click on any links unless you know the person and it has ‘context’.  // For example, chances are rare for me to send an email to a ham buddy or list without signing it with ‘73’ as most of us do.  I felt confident in clicking the link that you provided, even without it having any other text, because your email was in context of this thread, and I trust the domain of ‘secruityaffairs.co’.

73, George N2APB