March meeting - February Recap - SAMFEST

David Andrews

If you missed the February TLARC meeting, you missed a good one. Goals for 2020 were presented, and a grant of $2500 was received. Check out the TLARC website for a copy of the PowerPoint presentation. As a result, we’re looking for several volunteers to help with the efforts. Specifically, we need a few people to step forward to assist with:

  • Creating a club flyer, to be mailed to area hams who aren’t yet members of TLARC.
  • Designing a club logo for T-shirts, hats, etc.
  • Reviewing the current Constitution and By-Laws for proposed updates and for compliance with IRS rules.

If interested, please contact me. Time moves fast, so we need to get started on these projects ASAP.

The March meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 18 at 7:00 at the Chota Rec Center. SDam Howard KV4XY will teach us everything we need to know about WSPR. According to Wikipedia, WSPR (pronounced "whisper") stands for "Weak Signal Propagation Reporter". It is a protocol, implemented in a computer program, used for weak-signal radio communication between amateur radio operators. The protocol was designed, and a program written initially, by Joe Taylor, K1JT. Software is now open source and is developed by a small team. The program is designed for sending and receiving low-power transmissions to test propagation paths on the MF and HF bands.

Sam will also be providing dessert for the meeting. Mark your calendar for the March 18th SAMFEST. IT promises to be a good time.