Topics

Logging software for HF

Hello all,
Can anyone recommend a good logging software for HF?

Mike,

Windows or Mac?

For Windows (and general day-to-day logging) I have two recommendations:

(1) DX Lab Suite (Free): DXLab is a freeware suite of eight interoperating applications that can be installed independently in any order. This software is well supported and has the typical Windows style display (multiple windows). It plays nice with other radio related applications as well. It is well supported by the community. It is available at https://www.dxlabsuite.com/

(2) N3FJP's Amateur Contact Log (AC LOG): The software is free to try and fully functional! It is limited to saving 25 contacts. I have been using this software for years. One single purchase price and you own it for life and any future upgrades. The software is well supported. It has more of an old school feel with a DOS type layout on the screen. It is available at https://www.n3fjp.com/

For MAC OSAether is a ham radio logging application for the Mac. Aether includes tools to quickly and easily log QSOs while on the air, as well as organize, search and track your QSOs later. Aether was designed for macOS, and has the same kind of clean, intuitive, friendly interface you've come to expect on the Mac. I have been using remote for remote and mobile operations. It works very well and can connect to almost any radio. I import the contacts from this log into the AC Log general logging program. It is avaiable at https://www.aetherlog.com/

For Windows and Contest logging I have two recommendations:

(1) N1MM Logger Plus: N1MM Logger is the world's most popular ham radio contest logging program. For CW, phone and digital modes, its combination of contest-optimized features is unmatched. The program's features are continually changing, and the manual may sometimes fall behind the code when this happens often. It is compatible with just about every rig available and is customizable to each user. Documentation is extensive. It is available at https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/

2) N3FJP's Contest Log: These are logs that have the same feel as AC Log but are designed to be installed separately for each contest. Contest rules change frequently from year to year so this allows a small log to be installed for specific contests. The contest log is importable to the general AC Log for collecting all your contacts. They are available at https://www.n3fjp.com/links-contestlogs.html
ARRL Contest Logs. November Sweepstakes. CQ Contest Logs. Other Contest Logs. 10-10 QSO Party. SPAR Winter Field Day Stew Perry. State QSO Party Logs.
www.n3fjp.com

Let me know if you want a demo on zoom.

73
Juan
AC6ZM

Can anyone recommend a good logging software for HF?

Lou Devillon

On Tue, May 5, 2020, 11:46 AM Mikeljay <k4mjf.1@...> wrote:
Hello all,
Can anyone recommend a good logging software for HF?

michael J. foley

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the reply, and I should have been more specific about what operating system I am using. I am running Windows 10.

I may get in touch with you later today and let you give a demonstration of some of the logging software you recommend on ZOOM, if that works for you.

Take care, and I will be in touch soon.

K4MJF

On Tue, May 5, 2020, 1:55 PM Juan Lopez <jloz34@...> wrote:
[...]

Sure, no problem. If anyone else is interested in joining, send me a private email and I will setup a group session. Planning on starting at 1900 EST. I will do this on the fly.

Regards,