INVITATION/REMINDER: TLARC Exam Session, December 8, 2021, 1800 EST, and Net/Zoom Meeting Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 1900 EST

Chuck Ferguson - N4CSF

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

The TLARC Admin Team invites you to our first licensing exam session of 2021 on Wednesday evening, December 8, 2021.  If you're licensed and looking to upgrade to General or Extra privileges or know someone wanting to test for their Technician certificate, please join us at the Chota Recreation Center, Conference Room D, from 1800 EST to 2000 EST.  Our team of Volunteer Examiners (VE) will be on hand to guide you through the process, provide the necessary materials, and proctor/grade the exams.  The test will cost $10, which will cover exam supplies.  Also, you will need to bring your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and a photo ID to sit for the test.

ALSO, our next Net/Zoom event is scheduled for this Wednesday, December 1, 2021, at 1900 EST.  Please join us on the WB4BSC club repeater at 442.100 MHz, +5.0 MHz Offset, PL Tone 100.0 Hz.  The backup repeater, if needed, is 444.250 MHz, +5.0 MHz Offset, PL Tone 127.3 Hz.  You can also join via Zoom for a video "rag chew" following the Net.

You can access the Zoom meeting via the TLARC.org website or by using the following link/access info:

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 815 823 5077
Passcode: TLARC
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,8158235077#,,,,*656767# US (New York)
+13017158592,,8158235077#,,,,*656767# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 815 823 5077
Passcode: 656767
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/k3LRmhHNQ.

The Net convenes on the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th Wednesdays each month.  Those interested in becoming a weekly "Net Control Station" may contact the Admin Team to obtain the necessary information, script, and guidance to get you started.  This is a great training opportunity to develop your basic emergency communications skills...make the most of it!  We look forward to meeting you on the air and via Zoom this Wednesday night.  Have a great day!

Chuck Ferguson
N4CSF
Secretary, Tellico Lake Amateur Radio Club