Topics

International Space Station (ISS) sitings in Loudon County

George N2APB

Interest has peaked in viewing the daily ISS orbits, as reminded by Mike KK6OKU with his occasional postings of times and directions to observe.  Last night an number of TLARCers saw the Space Station streak across the dark and near-cloudless skies on a NW-to-SE vector in less than 6 seconds!  David KF4DKW snapped this shot below as its path was near a brilliant full moon and added some data about this pass.  Ben AD4BE collected some interesting background on the ISS in his attached PDF. Our next goal will be to QSO with the astronauts on the ISS.  One can easily determine when the next pass is coming at Spot The Station. Lots of additional ISS information can be found by searching on "International Space Station".  My favorite go-to site is made by N2YO

BTW, David reports that we'll have another viewing opportunity tonight at 8:30 ... Hoping for clear skies!!

73, George N2APB

The TLARC Roving Reporter

‘TLARC Newspaper’ … http://www.tlarc.org/

Greg Wilde AE4GW .- . ....- --. .--

Thanks for the pdf info and especially for letting us know it was coming. I had family and friends all watching in 4 states.

Nice picture. I got this pic as it crossed over from my phone.

Greg Wilde
423-333-6358

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020, 1:09 PM George N2APB <n2apb@...> wrote:
[...]

Ben Poff

A hearty "second" on all of that George! The entire family stood in the front yard last night and had a good time "watching the space ship" fly over the house. It's certainly garnered increased interest among my home-schoolers, and the informational PDF covers the topics that came up last night ... not that I'm geared up yet for contact, but it gives me something to shoot for. Thanks to Mike KK6OKU for the advance notice!

73
Ben - KN4VIF

Ben Poff, EMS-LA
Lead Auditor ISO 14001 - Environmental Consultant
Green Canoe Solutions
Loudon, TN 37774
(865) 657-9712  Office/Home
(865) 440-6139  Cell