Ham gear supplier

Gary Stickel

Some of you already may be aware of this source, but for those of you who are not:
While searching for a desk microphone for my IC-7300 rig, I stumbled across a company in Paris,Texas called “Main Trading Company”. They reportedly are the largest ham gear retailer in Texas. They beat the competition on an Icom SM-30 microphone: $109.99 vs $129-$139 at all the other major outlets.
Oh, and free shipping too (I think over $100 - - but what costs less than $100 anymore??)

Just thought I’d share that with y’all.

https://www.mtcradio.com/
73,
Gary. K4RQT
===============

DX Engineering and HRO will also match prices that you find elsewhere. Easy as asking. Either are "my go" to places to buy ham gear and accessories/parts.

K4MJF

Smoky Mountain Amateur Radio Club
470 ARG

Gary Stickel

Those two places also are my go-to places.  I didn’t know about their “price matching“ practice. I probably would have done that. But Good to know! Tnx, Mike.

Gary - K4RQT
============

On Dec 10, 2020, at 11:38 AM, Mikeljay <k4mjf.1@...> wrote:

DX Engineering and HRO will also match prices that you find elsewhere. Easy as asking. Either are "my go" to places to buy ham gear and accessories/parts.

K4MJF

Smoky Mountain Amateur Radio Club
470 ARG

Tom Murphy

Hello Gary,
Richard and his team have doe a great job growing the business and taking care of Hams.     I bought a Yaesu 897D shack in a box (predessor to the 991A) from MTC about 10 years ago.    It's a good family run business that never compromised their principles that grew from an eBay seller to storefront in Paris, TX and now with a physical presence in Shrevesport MS serving all markets.   Good people.

Tom Murphy
865-320-3788