From: main@cwops.groups.io <main@cwops.groups.io> on behalf of Dr. Larry S. Anderson <nn5olarry@...>
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 1:10:58 PM
Subject: [cwops] Reminder: Zoom™ Presentation by Gerry Hull W1VE -- RS-232 Nirvana for the Radio Contester

Amateur radio friends (and clubs) around the globe—

Our Deep Dixie Contest Club (DDCC) wants to extend a warm and welcoming invitation to you and any/all of your members to join us for our next iteration of the Zoom™ Learning Series.  So, please pass out this information freely and widely among all your radioaficianados friends.

Details are shown below.  Please let me know if I can answer any questions or provide further information.

[FYI, a couple of the previous Zoom™ Learning Series presentations can be found on our DDCC YouTube Channel — https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHSrV6IRXBbXGZn40Z8CFYw/videos  ]

—Larry   NN5O (ex-WB5EIN)
President, Deep Dixie Contest Club

Announcing!   DDCC Zoom™ Learning Series Presentation

Date:  Thursday, October 22, 2020
Time:  7:30 PM Central Time (0030Z) — 5:30 Pacific; 8:30 Eastern
Topic:  RS-232 Nirvana for the Radio Contester
We all know the nightmare of USB-to-Serial ports.   My talk is about eliminating USB-to-Serial from the ham shack, and using (surplus, but modern)
Serial Port Server technology to completely eliminate the problem.   I go into how it works, what is available, and how to use the technology both
in your local shack or to remote your automation around the world over IP.  (Gerry has presented this information to hams around the world.)
Presenter:  Gerry Hull W1VE/VE1RM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notice:  We plan to open the Zoom room a bit early so everybody can get their settings adjusted and we’re ready to roll at 0030z.  Look for some DDCC officers online around 0015z.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is the official invitation that you can use on October 22

Larry Anderson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Deep Dixie CC Zoom™ Presentation: RS-232 Nirvana for the Radio Contester
Time: Oct 8, 2020 07:30 PM Central Time (US and Canada) — 0030z

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 908 792 6776
Passcode: ddcc2020
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,9087926776#,,,,,,0#,,54166495# US (New York)
+13017158592,,9087926776#,,,,,,0#,,54166495# US (Germantown)

Dial by your location
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 908 792 6776
Passcode: 54166495
~~~~~~~~~~~~
As you await Gerry's presentation, feel free to send any questions, comments, suggestions related to this topic.

PLEASE pass this information along to your friends in other radio clubs around the world.  Deep Dixie CC extends an hospitable welcome to amateurs living anywhere.

—Larry   NN5O (ex-WB5EIN)
President, Deep Dixie Contest Club
visit our Deep Dixie Contest Club web site
Dr. Larry S. Anderson, Founder/CEO
    National Center for Technology Planning
    P. O. Box 2393 -- Tupelo, MS  38803
    662.321.0677 (Cell)
**APPLE DISTINGUISHED EDUCATOR * CLASS OF 2000 **
Assoc. Prof. (Ret.), Mississippi State University