Topics

Contest Season

Juan Lopez

Dear TLARC Members,

We are making preparations for the 160 meter contest season starting next weekend.

We are in need of some supplies to reduce the cost to club funds.

Please contact me directly if you have any of the materials below to arrange for a pick-up.

ITEMS NEEDED

  1. RG-58 126 feet
  2. RG-6 with connectors 150-200 feet
  3. 4  Ground rods 4-6 ft.
  4. RG-213 coax cable with SO-239 type connectors (any length, the longer the better)
  5. Chassis mount SO-239 connectors
  6. Legal limit tuner

Juan

AC6ZM

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

WK9M

I had picked up some fence wire and insulators as discussed prior today from TSC; total cost was just under $51.  This is to fix up the old beverage antenna that broke from last year.   The left-over wire we have can be used for a new beverage antenna since it's short.

Some of the items below--if you have something close will also work correct Juan?

Like a 3' ground rod is good, if you have a shortie you were just going to toss.

When Juan says RG-213, RG8 is also OK.  I have a 100' roll of RG8x which will work on 160m fine (to the closer antenna), but it's not enough for both antenna runs.

I forget whose antenna tuner we used last year but if you have something that's rated a little less we'd keep the power back.

Thanks & 73
Randy
WK9M

On 10/12/2020 7:06 PM, Juan Lopez wrote:

Dear TLARC Members,

We are making preparations for the 160 meter contest season starting next weekend.

We are in need of some supplies to reduce the cost to club funds.

Please contact me directly if you have any of the materials below to arrange for a pick-up.

ITEMS NEEDED

  1. RG-58 126 feet
  2. RG-6 with connectors 150-200 feet
  3. 4  Ground rods 4-6 ft.
  4. RG-213 coax cable with SO-239 type connectors (any length, the longer the better)
  5. Chassis mount SO-239 connectors
  6. Legal limit tuner

Juan

AC6ZM

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jacob Lindsey ( KN4YAV ) and Kayla Lindsey ( KO4DEG )

I have 1 grounding rod 8ft if anyone needs it

Jacob Lindsey
KN4YAV
73

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020, 19:06 Juan Lopez <jloz34@...> wrote:

Dear TLARC Members,

We are making preparations for the 160 meter contest season starting next weekend.

We are in need of some supplies to reduce the cost to club funds.

Please contact me directly if you have any of the materials below to arrange for a pick-up.

ITEMS NEEDED

  1. RG-58 126 feet
  2. RG-6 with connectors 150-200 feet
  3. 4  Ground rods 4-6 ft.
  4. RG-213 coax cable with SO-239 type connectors (any length, the longer the better)
  5. Chassis mount SO-239 connectors
  6. Legal limit tuner

Juan

AC6ZM

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Barry Johnson K8NWB

Juan
You can use my Viking V again if you still need a tuner

Barry
K8NWB

On Monday, October 12, 2020, 07:06:20 PM EDT, Juan Lopez <jloz34@...> wrote:

Dear TLARC Members,

We are making preparations for the 160 meter contest season starting next weekend.

We are in need of some supplies to reduce the cost to club funds.

Please contact me directly if you have any of the materials below to arrange for a pick-up.

ITEMS NEEDED

  1. RG-58 126 feet
  2. RG-6 with connectors 150-200 feet
  3. 4  Ground rods 4-6 ft.
  4. RG-213 coax cable with SO-239 type connectors (any length, the longer the better)
  5. Chassis mount SO-239 connectors
  6. Legal limit tuner

Juan

AC6ZM

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Juan Lopez

Ok thanks, Can I come by tomorrow during the day?

What time would be good?

Send me address again.

[...]

Later (afternoon) would be best

133 Coyatee Circle

-----------------------

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 08:31:58 PM EDT, Juan Lopez <jloz34@...> wrote:

[...]

Eric Ressler

I am a tech, can I still join in the contest by observation? Please let me know.

--
Chaser

--
KD8LHZ

WK9M

Yes Eric,

I was about to email everyone today and see what interest there might be for the Stew Perry 160m CW contest this weekend.  It's a 24hr contest but per the rules we can only operate up to 14.  Juan is looking into this to determine which 14 hours would be best.  It is primarily a nighttime contest (like myself and N2APB's hours) but there should be some opportunity in the late afternoon and early morning as well.

How these contests work is that any operator in the presence of a control operator with a higher license can operate in that part of the band.  On Field Day many years ago someone once told me "on Field Day everyone is an Extra".  :)  In this particular contest we'll also have a CW decoder running and we send by computer as well.  So even if you're not familiar with any CW you can easily do "Search & Pounce" where you find a station and can decode their data; then contact them.

Watch for an update coming up and we'll have a better idea of times and such.

'73
Randy
WK9M

On 10/14/2020 9:30 AM, Eric Ressler wrote:
[...]

I won't be here from 1:00 to 5:00 PM, on Friday afternoon so plan accordingly