Topics

ARRL November CW Sweepstakes this weekend

George N2APB

The next major contest is "November Sweepstakes".  The CW version is this coming weekend and the SSB version is November 17.  This time, we are trying to work all 83 sections in USA and Canada for points and ideally the Clean Sweep!

For me, the best part of SS has been going for the Clean Sweep.  It is such a thrill and sense of satisfaction to log that 83rd section!  Happy dances always ensue!  I've done it a few times over the years, but it is not easy and by no means certain.  Successful or not, it is a really fun challenge and a great way to collect states for your WAS award (or 5 Band WAS if you've already done it overall) too!  Like all contests, it is also a great revealer of the strengths and weaknesses of your station.

If you work all 83 sections, you are eligible for a Clean Sweep mug!  Simply make 100 Qs and you are eligible for a participation pin from ARRL!

November Sweepstakes is eligible for club competition!  Our individual scores are added together for a total club KN4DUA score.  (Juan, we need to register club participants for this one!)

The contest starts Saturday afternoon 2100 UTC (5:00 PM Local) and runs through 0259 UTC Monday.   Complete rules are here ... http://www.arrl.org/sweepstakes

A Clean Sweep mug would sure be a nice addition to the TLARC trophy case and your shack!

So with a BIG ham radio weekend coming up (Asheville Museum trip, hamfest in Stone Mtn GA, and now CW Sweepstakes), I need to get a head-start working on the honey-do's!

73, George N2APB