Area repeaters with back-up power?

George N2APB

We have a nice list of area repeaters on our website ... but does anyone know which ones have battery back-up?  (I know ours does and assume same for the ARES repeater.)

73, George N2APB

Bob Loving

The SMARC 146.655 repeater has battery backup. It also is shared with the KK4XA 444.075 analog/DMR repeater.

Bob K9JU

On Thursday, September 2, 2021, 02:50:30 PM EDT, George N2APB <n2apb@...> wrote:

We have a nice list of area repeaters on our website ... but does anyone know which ones have battery back-up?  (I know ours does and assume same for the ARES repeater.)

73, George N2APB

michael J. foley

Most, if not all, of the repeaters in the WB4GBI family have emergency power.
They are ; 145.470
                  146.625
                  146.730
                  146.850
                  146.940  also used for Skywarn
                  147.075  open autopatch

KA4OAK 147.360, which is a wide area coverage repeater, also has emergency power.

I did a little search in Repeaterbook to see what repeaters in Tennessee were running on emergency power........ this is what I found........
epower1.jpg
epower2.jpg
epower3.jpg
I would think that the W4KEV and W4BBB family of repeaters have either battery back up or generators. I would have to talk to Kevin to find out for sure.....

George N2APB

Thanks Mike. That’s a nice feature (search) of an online/CD version(?)  of the Repeaterbook.
(Doesn’t list ours - WB4BSC?)

On Sep 2, 2021, at 3:40 PM, michael J. foley <mikeljay1953@...> wrote:

Most, if not all, of the repeaters in the WB4GBI family have emergency power.
They are ; 145.470
                  146.625
                  146.730
                  146.850
                  146.940  also used for Skywarn
                  147.075  open autopatch

KA4OAK 147.360, which is a wide area coverage repeater, also has emergency power.

I did a little search in Repeaterbook to see what repeaters in Tennessee were running on emergency power........ this is what I found........
<epower1.jpg>
<epower2.jpg>
<epower3.jpg>
I would think that the W4KEV and W4BBB family of repeaters have either battery back up or generators. I would have to talk to Kevin to find out for sure.....

michael J. foley

Actually George, I use the online version of Repeaterbook
(www.repeaterbook.com) to search for repeaters when I travel, or when I program a radio. It seems to have the most up to date information, and it's FREE!!!! ( I like free..... ) If you have smartphone, there is a version you can download for either the Android or iOS, and you can look at repeaters within a distance you put into the app......no matter where you are. It works well if you are travelling and not sure what repeaters are within range. It will give the frequency, shift and pl tone and distance. And.... it's FREE as well!!!

Not sure who updates the information for the repeater, the repeater owner/trustee or ?!?!?!!??, but I'll consult with David, KF4DKW. He might know.....

73,
Mike, K4MJF

On Thu, Sep 2, 2021, 4:59 PM George N2APB <n2apb@...> wrote:
[...]

David Weikert

Attached is the TLARC listing from Repeaterbook.

On Thu, Sep 2, 2021, 5:16 PM michael J. foley <mikeljay1953@...> wrote:
[...]

Steve Fritts

The 145.25 has  back up power

On Thu, Sep 2, 2021, 5:19 PM David Weikert <kf4dkw@...> wrote:
[...]

What the repeaterbook app looks like on my Android phone.....

Tellico Lake Amateur Radio Club Vice President
Smoky Mountain Amateur Radio Club
470 ARG