Topics

Applying for Vanity Call Sign

Brad (the Voice of the Village) Berger

It has been 1 1/2 months since applying for the vanity call sign K4GS so I called the FCC this morning to see what gives. (I know the government shutdown slowed the process).

The lady said that I am a loser and here I thought everyone is a winner. My name was not picked from the hat. Here are rules for applying:
  • You cannot apply prior to the eligibility date of the call sign or your application is voided.
  • You cannot apply one minute after the the eligibility date of the call sign or your application is voided.
  • If your application hits the right eligibility date, your name is "put in a hat" and drawn to see who wins the call sign.
  • If you apply via internet (in my opinion the only way to go) and the eligibility date is a Saturday or Sunday, your application will be dated the following Monday and that is fine.

So for now I'm still the good old Orange Juice King and maybe that's okay.

Brad Berger - KM4OJK