Topics

Antennas in Tellico Village

John Haskell

Below is the final agreed to language by the ACC for antennas in the Village.  It does not give us everything, however more antenna options are provided versus the previous Blue Book language.  Wire antennas will be permitted as will vertical antennas and physically small arrays.

Guys wires generated much discussion.  While guy wires are not permitted, the issue of guy wires was used to its fullest as grist for compromises in other areas with the ACC members.

The ACC completed Blue Book revision will be formally delivered to the POA Board of Directors on 19 September.  I expect approval at the next Board meeting.  In the coming months and years as we work under these new rules, I am sure we will be able to argue for less restrictive antenna rules.

"4.         Telephone, Television, Radio and Internet

                       The local service provider should be contacted for more information and to

                       apply for service as applicable.

Except as provided below, a permit shall be required for each exterior antenna for telephone, television, radio or internet.  Application for permits shall include:

  • Information showing location, size, and dimensions.

    All permitted antennas shall comply with the following minimum requirements:

  • Only one visible antenna shall be allowed per lot.

  • Antenna height shall not exceed the distance from the base of the mounting unit to the nearest lot line and no guy wires shall be permitted.

  • The antenna mast shall not exceed two and one half inches in diameter.

  • If an array is attached to the mast it shall not exceed one meter in any dimension.

  • The antenna shall be located in the side rear or back of the lot outside of the minimum setbacks and utility easements (usually 7-1/2 feet from side lines and 20 feet from rear property line). Preference is a location that cannot be seen from the street (in other words, the house and existing landscape screening should be used as a screen).

  • Additional landscaping to screen the antenna may be required in the sole discretion of the ACC.

Television satellite receivers (FCC-Approved) or dishes (antennas) of a meter (or less) diameter shall be allowed on any Tellico Village building without issuance of an ACC permit.  Such antennas shall be placed in a location that is as minimally visible as possible.  Satellite receivers or dishes of grater than a meter in diameter are prohibited."

Regards,
Allan, K1AT

"

Jim Anderson

Nicely done, Allan! It's true that it doesn't give us everything we want, but it will be great knowing that an installation done per these rules will be legal. No worries about being turned in by a neighbor!

73, and thanks for your efforts on our behalf!

Jim - K0RGI